Monday 28 May 2012

FlyWindies - A short story




This brief was to create the branding for the company Fly Windies in the Caribbean. The company is flight-based and uses the 6 seater Piper Aztec for all it's business ventures, dealing with transport, travel, trade and cargo. If it fits in the plane, Fly Windies will take it. This brief appealed to me because I wanted to try and create the brand identity with an emphasis on image and try to incorporate illustration wherever possible.

My biggest weakness within this brief is that it took me so long to decide on a logo for the company, which was how I intended to start the identity. This was another case of overcomplicating, as I had quite a few designs that I could pick and choose from, but instead I ended up wasting some time by being indecisive. This is something that I have touched on before, and something that I need to recognise I am doing as it happeneing to give me the opportunity to make quick decisions and move on from the issue.

Once I had the logo design, I think the rest of the brief flowed quite smoothly and i am generally really happy with the outcomes. These are probably the cleanest and most professional looking products that i have created on the course, and I am happy that I managed to make the identity work through illustration too. I found this brief really fun once I got over the first hurdle, and this is something that I will consider approaching again in the near future if the opportunity arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment