Monday 23 April 2012

Fly Windies - Initial Ideas

These were my initial ideas for the Fly Windies branding brief:


My first idea wa take a kind of corporate, typographic based approach, working really simply with type and different type faces. From this I considered working with script based type, giving a more fluent and personal touch, but I couldn;t see this as being very appropriate to the company. 

I started to consider abbreviations and working just with initials, which is something that I may look at more for the brief. 

I also looked at some symbols such as waves, wings, feathers etc that all might link to flying or to the caribbean. If I go down that route I will have to make sure that flight comes across, as the flight is the overarching link between the business services.

I also thought of using less obvious plane symbology like propellers or plane wings or something. 
These are just starting points, but they have helped clarify a few ideas to look at in more depth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment