Monday 23 April 2012

Fly Windies - Logo Development

I need to create a logo for the company that communicates flight.
I considered using just a typographic solution, though this doesn't fit very well in my graphic design practice.


These few typefaces struck me as the most appropriate to potentially use, and of these I may choose futura to work with in more depth, as it seems to suggest professionalism but is not conventionally blocky like a lot of sans serif typefaces. Using futura, I thought about different ways to break up the word. it is kind of long in one line.


I think the breaking up works in some of these instances, but I don't think the italics retain the professional feeling of the typefaces. They were intended to communicate 'uplift' but i'm not convinced. 

After this I worked a little bit with some script F's with the idea of using just the one initial as the company logo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment