Tuesday 24 April 2012

Fly Windies - Logo Design Ideas

I tried to come up with a design that incorporated the propeller idea into the logo, starting by looking at the shape of the propeller.



The symbol itself doesn't leave that much room to work with, and I can;t see how to fit in any type or anything to distinguish the company as itself rather than just a logo of a propeller. The other issue being that propellers used in air travel are pretty similar to those used in nautical travel. After this I started looking more at how a propeller moves, and the contours of its path in a circle. 


The idea works conceptually, but i'm not sure about the practical use. I think I need to balance the difference between bright and colourful connoting the caribbean and clean and professional, as the two kind of clash. I also looked at trying to edit the F letterform itself to connote flight a bit more, but the result looks a bit like a hotel logo or a spa or something. 





No comments:

Post a Comment