Tuesday 24 April 2012

Yearbook - Cover design ideas

To start design ideas, I went down the same kind of route as with the initial yearbook proposal. I took som images, and experimented adding simple type to them to make a cover showing that the work is imperative and not so much the design of the book. I wanted to pick a design that showed a pattern-like composition.


I tried it with a couple of examples, but the cover design doesn't work so well with some of the images and it also suggests some kind of favouritism. 


I then tried using a photo rather than flat artwork, but the image itself doesn't work too well, and the composition looks cluttered. 


This ideas could be taken forward, but it would need to be considered a lot more and the photo's/ work used would have to be appropriate to the course as a whole, and not exclusive to one student. 



No comments:

Post a Comment